10 February 2010

I Did It!

Today I went to Starbucks post-gym workout, flipped through the selections of to-go meals, and selected a curried chicken/couscous/quinoa salad. The first foray was really unmemorable. The flavors bland, the protein count not even that high (relative to my normal vegetarian/fish-based lunches). Sort of a throw-away, really.

I just needed to get over the hump.

I ate most of the chicken, leaving about 5 nuggets in the package. Just in case. (I didn’t want to dive in too far too fast…)

I should point out that this decision to once again eat meats may seem rash. But I’ve been flirting with the idea for a year, ever since leaving Dr M’s last year when she urged me to eat red meat "tomorrow," if I could possibly stomach it. Truly, my new diet isn’t a case of being impressionable or fickle. I just needed a swift kick in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment