26 June 2009

Fruit Salad Friday!


Every Friday of late, Nate's taken to concocting a simple pleasure - fruit salad. He dubs this "Fruit Salad Friday." (As an aside, I call this day "Vinyl Friday" because I always start the weekend with a spin or two of some of my favorite LPs in the late afternoon.)

Anyway, back to the salad. It's so simple, yet so perfect -- bite-sized chunks of crisp apple and chops of soft pear, tangled together. Canned mandarins make for a nice all-weather staple (They're also a bit of an obsession of mine - as a kid, I once asked for, and received, a can for my birthday). Today's salad took a special turn with the addition of home-grown raspberries. A bounty of them, in fact.

Sometimes we top plain yogurt with the fruits, drizzle with honey, and recreate our own Red Mango treat from home.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go flip Off the Wall. (RIP, MJ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment